Thank you for your interest in a career with Alberta’s most experienced, most trusted new home warranty provider.
The Program is a progressive organization committed not only to keeping pace but to staying a step ahead of Alberta’s ever-changing homebuilding industry. Think you can keep up?
We offer a competitive employment package and foster a dynamic work environment rich in opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program is a leader and innovator in the provision of residential home warranty services to the Alberta new home building industry. The Program was established more than 40 years ago and provides the most comprehensive new home warranty on homes built by our over 600 Builder Members.
Claim Assessor / Technical Advisor
Location: Calgary or Edmonton
The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (NHWICC) has an immediate vacancy for a Claims Assessor/Technical Advisor. The successful incumbent will manage files in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Claims Assessment Department. This position represents the Organization in a professional manner, providing technical assistance to Builder Members of The Alberta New Home Warranty Program (ANHWP) as well as to the Homeowners. We will consider applicants from Calgary and/or Edmonton with flexibility to base the position where the most suited candidate resides.
- Provide a high level of commitment to serve the Organization’s clients in a professional manner.
- Complete training as required for the position.
- Participate in and provide input in a team focused environment.
- Attend industry functions (i.e, Builder Breakfasts, Technical Committees and Home Builder functions) to stay current with industry developments.
- Complete claims assessment inspections and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Manage files to ensure that timelines and strategic goals are met.
- Conduct thorough claims assessment of all issues that have been identified to the Organization.
- Provide clear, concise and professional reports in a timely manner to the Homeowner and Builder.
- Bring closure to all disputed issues as identified in the claims assessment.
- Ensure that file information is up to date and complete.
- Provide technical opinions to the Builder Members of ANWHP and staff.
- Liaise between ANHWP, Builder members and Homeowners.
- Maintain and build relationships with the Builder Members of ANHWP.
- Attend Arbitration or Litigation proceedings as required.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 + years of new home construction experience in a supervisory role
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Be able to establish and maintain working relationships with Builder members
- Technical knowledge of new home construction
- Industry knowledge of acceptable building practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to build working relationship with Homeowners
- Knowledge of warranty or insurance products and services
- Understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements relating to the industry
- Very strong technically and at least on a par with senior construction managers within residential home builder groups
- Ability to write and edit reports.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest - our Human Resources Department will contact only those applicants being considered for interview.