Thank you for your interest in a career with Alberta’s most experienced, most trusted new home warranty provider.
The Program is a progressive organization committed not only to keeping pace but to staying a step ahead of Alberta’s ever-changing homebuilding industry. Think you can keep up?
We offer a competitive employment package and foster a dynamic work environment rich in opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
The Alberta New Home Warranty Program is a leader and innovator in the provision of residential home warranty services to the Alberta new home building industry. The Program was established more than 40 years ago and provides the most comprehensive new home warranty on homes built by our over 600 Builder Members.
CLAIM ASSESSOR & TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Edmonton)
The Claims Assessor/Technical Advisor manages their files in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Claims Assessment Department. This position represents the Organization in a professional manner, providing technical assistance to Builder Members of ANHWP as well as to the Homeowners.
This role acts as a technical resource for ANHWP in the following areas:
• Providing assistance to Business Development to resolve issues with their Builder contacts;
• Attending Business Development meetings with the Builders;
• Completing On Site Build Quality Reviews of new Builder Members;
• Communicating Builder related information to Business Development; and,
• Assists in technical issues and dispute resolution between the Homeowner and the Builder Member.
• Complete claims assessment inspections and reports in a timely manner as outlined in the policies and procedures.
• Provide technical opinions to Builder Members of ANHWP and staff.
• External liaison between ANHWP, Builder Members and Homeowners.
The responsibilities of the role of Claims Assessor/Technical Advisor are as follows:
• Complete claims assessment inspections and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures in a timely manner.
• Manage files to ensure that timelines and strategic goals are met.
• Conduct thorough claims assessment of all issues that have been identified to the Organization.
• Provide clear, concise and professional reports in a timely manner to the Homeowner and Builder.
• Bring closure to all disputed issues as identified in the claims assessment.
• Ensure that file information is up to date and complete.
• Provide technical opinions to the Builder Members of ANWHP and staff.
• Liaise between ANHWP, Builder members and Homeowners.
• Maintain and build relationships with the Builder Members of ANHWP.
• Provide a high level of commitment to serve the Organization’s clients in a professional manner.
• Complete training as required for the position.
• Participate in and provide input in a team focused environment.
• Attend industry functions (i.e, Builder Breakfasts, Technical Committees and Home Builder functions) to stay current with industry developments.
• Attend Arbitration or Litigation proceedings as required.
Performance Measured By:
• Timelines as outlined in the policies and procedures of the Claims Assessment Department.
• Customer satisfaction performance (Builder, Homeowner).
• Quality of Claims Assessment reports.
Skill, Competency, Experience & Knowledge Base Requirements:
Experience: What kind of experience should someone have to perform well
• 5 + years of new home construction experience in a supervisory role
• Be able to work in a team environment
• Be able to establish and maintain working relationships with Builder members
• Technical knowledge of new home construction
• Industry knowledge of acceptable building practices
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be able to build working relationship with Homeowners
Knowledge: (market, business, technical, operational, job specific)
• Knowledge of warranty or insurance products and services
• Understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements relating to the industry
• Very strong technically and at least on a par with senior construction managers within residential home builder groups
• Ability to write and edit reports.
Customer Influence (education, training, selling, service)
• The ability to communicate effectively and professionally externally and internally
• Knowledge of customer needs
• Comfortable dealing with complaints
• Credible with stakeholders on complex technical issues
Communication (verbal, written, interpersonal)
• Highly developed communication skills
• Ability to form strong working relationships with other functions, departments and industry partners
• Able to provide effective feedback while maintaining trust of colleagues
Leadership (managing people, departments, operations, counseling)
• Strong multi-tasking ability
• Works well under pressure - resilient
• Ability to coordinate and lead numerous individuals and activities to achieve success
• Excellent conflict management skills
• Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Provides a positive impact within the company and the other departments
People management (coaching, mentorship, development, motivation)
• Highly developed people management skills
• Exceptional ability to engage team members
Education Level: Technical College or equivalent (Minimum)
Designation: CET, C.Tech or equivalent (Asset)
Specialized Educational Needs: Moisture Control Technician; Homebuilding on Alberta Soils; MS Office (Asset)
• Squatting / Bending / Kneeling / Stair climbing / Reaching / Twisting
• Stand / Walk for intermittent periods
• May be required to lift boxes occasionally (>20lbs)
• Sit for extended periods
• Extended use of PC and peripherals
• Some site visits undertaken often involving travel over significant distances
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent News Items
Recent News Items